At LivingArt Dentistry in NYC, we offer inlays and onlays if you have damage or tooth decay within the cusp of a tooth. An inlay is used similarly to a traditional filling but looks much more genuine. An onlay is necessary for a significant reconstruction, where it extends out over one or more cusps of the tooth. Often, inlays may replace traditional fillings that failed or fell out, since they are more durable.
Are you a Candidate for Inlays or Onlays?
- Damage or tooth decay to the cusp of teeth
- Inlays are more suitable for individuals who have had traditional fillings that have failed or fallen out
- Onlays are for candidates that need significant reconstruction
- Replacement of large Amalgam (metal) fillings to provide a stronger, more esthetic rest
- Patients in need of a stronger, well-fitting, and longer-lasting repair for tooth decay or other structural damage.
Your Onlay restoration can be completed in two visits
During your first visit, the damaged tooth is cleaned and prepared for the 3D digital scan. Within seconds your teeth are rendered into a digital model. Dr. Levingart then works with this model design to uniquely create an inlay or onlay for your tooth. This model will be sent to our in-house milling unit, individually stained, and baked for optimal color matching. Dr. Levingart will fabricate a temporary filling for your tooth to for protection before your final visit. This filling is designed to soothe the recently cut tooth and protect it from temperature and food impaction.
At your second appointment, your custom inlay or onlay is ready to be placed on the damaged tooth. Dr. Levingart will make sure that the fit and esthetics are approved and will cement it permanently.
If you’re interested in same-day cementation, just inform our front desk!
Our team at LivingArt Dentistry will be happy to help answer any questions or concerns you may have about inlays, onlays, or dental concerns. Don’t hesitate to contact us today to schedule your appointment in our Brooklyn, NYC office.